Milkless Pancake

My boyfriend requested that he want a pancake birthday breakfast today and heck! There's no milk in the ref. I hurriedly check Pinterest searching for recipes of pancakes without using milk. I've read a lot of bad comments on some of the milkless pancake recipes but thank God, I found this promising milkless pancake recipe which I adjusted a little of the ingredients. The recipe ask for 2 cups of water but I'm skeptical when I look at the amount of flour it needed which made me think the consistency will be too thin if I'll add the 2 cups of water right away. I pour half cup of water gradually and keep on checking the consistency of the batter. I decided that 1 cup of water is just the perfect consistency and the batter is still creamy and not watery. To get a uniform pancake size and thickness, it's better to use a mold. 


Ingredients:

2 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. sugar 
4 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup water

Procedure:

Beat the eggs until foamy. (Use hand whisk or electric whisk)
Combine wet ingredients (eggs, oil, water)
Combine the remaining dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Add gel or water based food color to your batter. (optional)
Mix until lumps are no longer visible or less visible.
Heat and grease cooking pan.
Use a pancake/egg molder or large round cookie cutter to get a uniform pancake size. (optional)
Sift confectioner's sugar on top of the pancake and add your favorite fruit preserves or syrup of your choice.

Servings: 8 or more pancakes depending on your choice of size

 The plus of this recipe is that the pancakes are FLUFFY!!!! OMG!!!!



Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad