Popeye The Sailorman Cookie Bouquet

It's been awhile I took a long break from baking and decorating cookies. This mother's day, my schoolmate from elementary want to order a cookie bouquet to surprise her mom this mother's day. Her mom's favorite cartoon character is Popeye and Bluto who is also known as Brutus.  After she told me what she would like her cookie bouquet would be, I dashed into Pinterest and find a Popeye inspired cookie. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a lot of Popeye cookies that's been made. There's no doubt that Cookievonster's version of Popeye is really amazing but how about those cookie artist like me who's not really that good like cookievonster? Of course, we need a simple cookie inspiration and something we can manage to do without breaking a lot of sweat. I copied the Popeye, Olive and Sweet Pea cookie designs from this blog but added the Brutus and Wimpy to complete them. I had a lot of fun making these cookies and the result is terrrific. 

 Since I don't have a cookie cutter, I draw the characters first and make a template out of it.
 This is how the template looks like. You will need overhead projector film to easily trace the details.
I'm done flooding the cookies and waiting for it to dry then I'll draw the facial feautures using edible pen.


 Facial expression are drawn using edible pen or a paintbrush with food color gel if you have no pen.
 My sister and my apprentice.LOL!

The final look of our Popeye The Sailorman cooki bouquet arrangement for Mother's day 2014. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad